Welcome


My interest in the idea of sharing pedagogical purposes comes directly with the contact I have had with the Project for Enhancing Effective Learning at Monash University in Australia. Now each of these teachers were very active in establishing learning agendas with their classes. The impact they were having was inspiring. Each classroom tool can have a purpose beyond delivering content, and this needs to be shared.
I suppose the purpose of this website is collate, crystalise and open dialogues about how to increase this within classrooms. As the quote from Carl Bereiter illustrates this classroom methodology can empower our students.

Friday 27 September 2013

Developing aspects of an Ethic of Excellence.

Here's draft one of some ideas around one of the aspects of developing an "ethic of Excellence". It just so happens to be around one of my favourite #bergerism. " Self Esteem from Accomplishment not Compliments".

I asked myself a simple question, what would need to be in place for this to thrive. It's more complex than I thought, hence the crush and disorganisation. Draft 2 may be clearer.






Draft 1


I suppose my next steps would to identify the areas I feel my practice/ or my culture is weakest in. Having enough high quality exemplars and models is probably best for me to start on, and is something I have begun to compile and catalogue. A longer term target would have to be around the engagement and involvement of an Audience through Exhibition, but as this exercise shows, simple ideas beget complex results.

No comments:

Post a Comment